Mold is one type of fungus and it can grow anywhere indoor or outdoor. When molds are growing, it releases spores into the air. When the spores land on onto any surface where is suitable for their growth, they can start to grow into new molds. When the mold spores travel in the air, carried by the moving air flow, they can be easily inhaled by people.
For people who are sensitive, molds can cause allergy reactions, including running nose, itchy eyes and sneezing, even asthma attack.
Mold thrives in a humid and warm environment, so bathrooms, kitchens and basements are the most common place indoor to find molds. These molds can be easily spotted and removed. There is one place molds grow but usually neglected by people is the air ducts at your home. Air duct lines are usually installed under your floor or inside the ceiling, where people can’t see the surfaces inside.
People should never underestimate the effect of molds on health. People should protect themselves by removing the existing molds and preventing mold growth inside the house.